The Group currently consists of 6 sections and meets at Hardingstone Scout Hut.
- Beavers - 6 to 8 years old meet between 6:15pm & 7:15pm on Thursdays
- Danelaw Cubs - 8 to 10 ½ years old, meet between 6:30pm & 8:00pm on Mondays
- Mercia Cubs - 8 to 10 ½ years old, meet between 6:30pm & 8:00pm on Fridays
- Saxon Scouts -10 ½ to 14 years old, meet between 7:30pm & 9:00pm on Tuesdays
- Viking Scouts -10 ½ to 14 years old, meet between 7:30pm & 9:00pm on Thursdays
- Mountain Lions ESU -14 to 18 years old, meet between 7:30pm & 9:00pm on Wednesdays
With all sections, there is some flexibility in age ranges.
Formed in 1959, the Group is a member of Northampton District which is a part of Northamptonshire County Scouts. Delivering a good traditional Scout programme with a modern slant, the Group has gone from strength to strength over the last few years. !st Hardingstone was the second-largest Scout Group in the County on the 2018 - 2019 census. Something our near on 150 members is very proud of.
The Group can always benefit from assistance either as a Leader, helper or a member of the Group’s Executive or even as occasional specialist skills instructor, passing on skills or hobbies. If you would like to help, in any capacity, please contact us. Its not just about kids, we also boast a Scout Active Support Unit which is for Adults only and exists to provide support to the group and as a social unit itself.
Our Current Group Scout Leader (GSL)
Kevin has many tears of Scouting experience having been a Cub, Scout, and Venture Scout. He was assistant warden of The Quarries in MK at the age of 20 as well as a Scout Leader and then Venture Scout Leader. Working overseas took him away from the movement before returning to Scouting in 2015. Kevin also runs the Viking Scout Troop and is an active member of both Northampton Emergency Aid Team (SASU) and the County International SASU.